Pulsar Axion XM30S Thermal Monoculars
4-6 Weeks Delivery – 24.10.19
The Axion Series introduces the new Axion XM30S with the addition of a new Sony display screen and modifications to the sensor, increased magnification (4.5x) and new firmware.
The Axion series is an ultra-compact, lightweight, handheld thermal imaging monocular. With detection ranges of up to 1700m and a native magnification of up to 5.5x with optimal 4x digital zoom, depending on the model.
The Axion has many new and important features, first and foremost is its sensor. The Axion Thermal Imaging Monocular uses a new 320×240 thermal sensor with a 12µm pixel pitch, which also helps to reduce overall unit size.
This reduction in pixel pitch will result in images having smoother edges, more detailed thermal mapping and offer a greater ability to recognise and identify objects over an equivalent sized sensor with a 17µm pixel pitch.
The Axion is perfectly suited to outdoor conditions, with a robust magnesium bodyshell, an IPX7 protection rating (fully waterproof), 960×720 LCOS (Key model) and 1024×768 AMOLED (Non-Key model) HD micro-displays and can perform in both hot & freezing temperatures.
The Axion comes equipped with its own internal stadiametric rangefinder, which helps aid observers in estimating target distances with the height of known objects. Additionally, Axion units have up to eight colour palettes to help enhance observation in varying conditions.
Picture-in-Picture (PiP) mode, upon activation, displays a second image with magnification in the top part of the Axion’s display screen. This small image helps to zoom in on a target while retaining the rest of the field of view, maximising situational awareness.
The Axion’s built-in WiFi module means owners will be able to make use of Pulsar’s Free Stream Vision App. Stream Vision allows you to remote control the Axion, set-up the Axion as a motion detector, transfer & share images to your smartphone or tablet and even live stream footage to online web platforms. (Please Note: Stream Vision & WiFi functionality is only available to the non-key model.)
In addition to this, Non-Key models feature an on-board photo & video recorder, which can save footage directly to the devices 16GB internal memory, allowing users to capture their experiences easily.
The Axion has an instant start-up and an instant ‘display-off’ mode, which helps to save energy and prolong the operation time of the unit and its dedicated B-Pack Mini Power System. The APS Battery Pack system offers an ultra-lightweight, quick-change power option that provides up to 4 hours of operating time to Axion units. APS Battery Packs can be charged by USB through its intended unit or an APS Battery Charger (PLEASE NOTE: The APS Battery Charger is sold separately for the Axion Key model only).
- Magnification: 4.5x to 18.0x (4x Digital Zoom)
- Horizontal Field of View: 7.3°x5.5°
- Detection Range: 1200m
- Thermal Sensor: 320×240 12µm
- Operating Temperatures: -25°C to +40°C
In brief the Axion Series Features:
- Long detection range
- Exceptional image quality via a 320×240 12µm thermal sensor
- Built-In Video recorder & still image capture
- Built-in Wi-Fi module (Non-Key model only)
- Stream Vision Compatible (Non-Key model only)
- Up to four hours of battery power
- Utilises a new quick-change battery (APS 3)
- Stadiametric rangefinder
- 16GB of internal memory
- AMOLED 1024×768 display for the non-key model
- LCOS 960×720 display for the key model
- Ultra-Compact size
- Robust & lightweight magnesium alloy bodyshell
- Multiple colour palettes
- Picture-in-Picture mode
- Includes ¼” Tripod Mount
High resolution 320×240
- The Axion Series is fitted with an uncooled micro-bolometric matrix – 320x240px with 12µm pixel pitch – that provides highly detailed images.
- Axion models have up to 4x digital zoom, resulting in high total magnifications.
High image frequency
- At a high refresh rate of 50Hz, the Axion Series provides comfortable viewing throughout dynamic, rapid motion.
Detection distance up to 1700m
- Depending on the model, Axion thermal imaging monoculars can detect man-size heat signatures up to 1700 metres away.
Built-in video recording
- Capturing still images and video is seamless with the Axion’s built-in video recorder. Image and video content is stored internally (up to 16GB) and can easily be transferred to PC/laptop via wired connection or Wi-Fi. Non-Key models only.
Mobile-friendly (iOS & Android) with remote control and live internet streaming
- The Axion has the ability to link via Wi-Fi the device with Android and iOS based mobile units using the free mobile application Stream Vision. The Stream Vision software connects the device with Android/iOS devices which enables you to receive footage in real time mode, to distantly operate the device with your smartphone and to stream the footage captured by the device to direct to Youtube.
Quick-change B-Pack mini power units
- All Axion’s include a progressive autonomous B-Pack Mini Power Supply consisting of a quick-detach, rechargeable APS 3, battery pack designed to deliver up to 4 hours of operation.
- Based on the estimated heights of observed objects, the stadiametric rangefinding reticle makes determining distances fast, easy, reliable and repeatable.
- IPX7 waterproof-rated protection ensures the Axion performs perfectly in wet weather, even during intense rain, snowfall and submersion in 3 feet of water for up to 30 minutes. (IEC 60529).
Wide range of operating temperatures
- With a frost-resistant AMOLED display, the Axion thermal imaging scope is designed to deliver flawless performance at an extreme temperature range of -25°C to +50°C (for non-key models) and -10°C to +50°C (for key models).
Fully-functional wireless control (optional)
- The ergonomic, wireless remote control, with encoder wheel, puts the full range of the Axion’s capabilities at your fingertips for comfortable, convenient, hands-off operation.
- The Axion is designed with ease-of-operation in mind. User feedback has resulted in the most user friendly interface to date, complete with an easy-to-read, icon-driven, alpha-numeric status bar at the bottom of the display. Internal menu items and options are also displayed on a contrasting gradient substrate so you can keep an eye on settings without losing sight of your objective.
- For initial setup and additional updates, the iOS and Android compatible Stream Vision App ensures the most recent Axion software versions are available.