No products in the basket.
Leica Geovid 8×42 HD-B 3000 Laser Rangefinder Binoculars
The new Leica Geovid HD-B 8×42 3000 for the first time ever allow linear distance determination of up to 3,000 yards (2,750 metres) and respectively 2,700 yards (2,500 metres).
The Leica Geovid HD-B 3000 offers a worldwide unique combination of ABC ballistic, optical quality and ergonomic design. The ballistic measurement values are available in three output formats: holdover, click adjustment and equivalent horizontal range (EHR). Barometric pressure, temperature and angle are also included in the measurements and calculate the correct point of aim with the highest precision. With a microSD memory card and the Leica ballistic calculator users can import their individual ballistic parameters to their Leica Geovid HD-B 3000 and thus receive measuring data perfectly adjusted to load and calibre.
Next to the enhanced distance determination for long distances, both models feature a newly designed LED display, allowing excellent readability of the measured data under any light and weather conditions.
- Package includes: Contoured neoprene carrying strap, lens caps, eyepiece covers, battery, Cordura case
- Magnification 8 x
- Front lens diameter 42 mm
- Exit pupil 5.2 mm
- Twilight factor 18.3
- Field of view at 1,000 yds/m 426 ft / 130 m
- Close focus range approx. 16.5 ft / 5.0 m
- Diopter compensation ± 4 dpt
- Range: 10 yds / 10 m to approx. 3,000 yds / 2,750 m
- Equivalent horizontal range (EHR): 10 yds to 1,200 yds / 10 m to 1,100 m
- Measuring accuracy:
- ± 0,5 yds at 10 – 200 yds / ± 0,5 m at 10 – 200 m
- ± 1 yds at 200 – 400 yds / ± 1 m at 200 – 400 m
- ± 0,5 % beyond 400 yds / ± 0,5 % beyond 400 m
- Display: LED display with 4 characters and ambient-light-controlled brightness
- Eyecup with twist-and-pull action: yes, detachable, with 4 click-stops
- Focusing: internal focusing with center focusing barrel
- Prism system: Perger Porro-System
- Coating: HDC® multicoating, AquaDura® lens coating
- Waterproof to 16.5 ft / 5 m
- Body: magnesium, nitrogen-filled
- Dimensions: (W x H x D) 4.9 x 7.0 x 2.8 in / 125 x 178 x 70 mm
- Weight approx.: 34.3 oz / 975 g incl. battery
- Yard/Meter switch: yes
- Laser eye-safe, invisible light laser
- compliant with EN and FDA Class 1
- Measuring mode scan mode, single measurement
- Ballistic functions: Equivalent horizontal range (EHR), point of aim correction, number of clicks required on elevation turret
- Bullet trajectories: 12 fixed pre-installed curves
- Integration of custom data using microSD card
- Power supply: 1 x 3 V/ CR2 lithium button cell
- Battery lifetime: approx. 2,000 measurements at 68° F / 20°C
- Accessories: tripod adapter (42 220)
- Floating carrying strap (42 163)
Ballistic system for a maximum precise shot
The Geovid HD-B features an extremely long ranging capability of up to 3,000 yds / 2,750 m, Advanced Ballistic Compensation (ABC®) for all hunting needs, including point of aim correction for various reticles and bullet drop compensators. A microSD memory card allows for the input of the hunter’s own ballistic parameters. All units feature a very bright, clear and easily legible LED display with automatic adjustment to any lighting conditions. Users benefit from an extremely short measuring time of max. 0.3 seconds.
Brilliant optics for real life colours and maximum contrast
Geovid HD-B units offer sharp, high-contrast images with outstanding depth and plasticity as well as extremely high light transmission and neutral, vivid colours, thanks to Perger Porro prisms. The Aqua Dura Coating – an innovative nano structure coating – prevents dust and dirt from sticking onto the lenses and allows for easy and simple cleaning.
Open ergonomic bridge construction for optimal comfort
Products in the HD-B line feature a simple two-button operation, eyecups with 5 click-stop settings and an open ergonomic bridge construction, which ensures fatigue-free viewing. They are particularly rugged and light with a resilient, fully rubber-armoured magnesium body.
The Leica Ballistics programme
The Leica ballistics programme performs calculations for the Geovid HD-B (including download of data), the ballistic reticles of the Leica riflescopes as well as the rapid reticle adjustment (BDC) of the Leica riflescopes.
This allows the calculation of the target range for almost any kind of ammunition, taking into account many parameters relevant for hunting, such as sighting-in distance, the height of the sight line, temperature and height. For Leica riflescopes with ballistic reticle or rapid reticle adjustment (BDC) you can calculate and print tables for distance as well as click value. In addition, you can calculate individual ammunition loads for the programming of the Geovid HD-B and download the data on a microSD-card.
To create your own custom ballistic data set and to import it to your Geovid HD-B click here (MicroSD-Card required).
ABC Function 1
With the Geovid HD-B’s ABC® system, precise distance determination for the point of impact is easier, safer and more accurate then ever before. The binoculars simply display the distance to the target as well as the correction (centimetres or inches) and the required deviation at point blank range.
ABC Function 2
The point of impact can also be corrected with the Bullet Drop Compensator (BDC). It also displays the number of clicks required to adjust the reticle. Display formats are: 1 MOA, 1/3 MOA, 1/4 MOA, 10 mm/100 m, 5 mm/100 m.
ABC Function 3
When using a ballistic reticle, fast and safe distance determination is vital for a precise shot. The ABC®- system calculates results for three different correction formats. Thus discerning users are ready for any hunting situation. Whichever you choose, temperature, air pressure and angle of inclination are automatically considered in the calculation.